Since success depends on self-discipline and responsibility, I will use a classroom discipline plan. This allows each student the opportunity to make wise, positive choices in his or her behavior, which in turn will provide a positive learning environment for everyone. Listed below are the classroom rules and consequences.
1. I will listen and follow directions the first time I am asked.
2. I will raise my hand before I speak or before I leave my seat.
3. I will remember to always keep my hands, feet, and objects to myself.
4. I will respect my classmates and my teacher.
5. I will follow all the rules as stated in the student handbook.
I use a color-coded system to keep track of each child’s behavior.
Green = Great Behavior All Day!
Yellow = Warning
Orange = Miss 5 minutes of recess
Red = Miss entire recess and note to parents
Black = Miss entire recess and conference with parents and/or principal