Name: Third Grade - Ms. BackeSubject: 3rd GradeClassroom: Your ClassroomEmail: email@example.com
Welcome to Third Grade!
Hello! I am so excited to have your student in my class. Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Miss Backe and this is my fifth year teaching, and my fourth year teaching third grade. I graduated from Ball State University in 2016 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education.
Our classroom rules are:
- Keep hands, feet, and other objects to our self.
- Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Follow directions quickly and quietly.
- Use active listening when someone is talking.
- Follow all school rules.
We also have a classroom management system in place. We use Class Dojo in our room. I sent home a code allowing you to make a Class Dojo account. This will allow you to monitor your students’ behavior each day. You will be able to see the “Positive” Dojo’s awarded, as well as the “Needs Work” Dojo’s that are taken away. I have a reward system in place for the points students earn. There will also be consequences for having points taken away. It will work similar to a clip chart system, and will only be in effect for one day.
- First time “Needs Work” Dojo = A Warning
- Second time = Loss of Recess
- Third time = Parent Contact
- Fourth time = Meeting with Principal
- Math homework will be given on Tuesday's
- Reading/spelling homework will be given on Thursday's
- Students should read for 20 minutes every night
- Students should practice math facts every night
- Homework will be turned in on Wednesday's and Friday's unless otherwise stated.
- Students will lose a Dojo Point for missing homework