Free/Reduced Fees Application - Please Complete ASAP
Textbook Rental Application (& Other Educational Benefits)
While meals are free again this year for all students (see message below), you still must complete the Free/Reduced Meals application in order to qualify for Textbook Rental Assistance and other possible educational benefits. This application must be filled out every year. Please fill it out ASAP. Families that qualify can obtain assistance for textbook rental fees and other possible future educational benefits. You can apply online through MealTime or you can complete the paper application (English | Spanish) and turn it in to the Food Service Department at Edison Jr. Sr. High School.
Questions can be sent to:
- Theresa Kietzman, Director of Food Service
Phone: 219-962-8531 ext. 1090
- Mellody Forsythe, Food Service Director Office Assistant
Phone: 219-962-8531 ext. 4605
Notice: Free Meals for all students
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved all schools to offer free breakfast and lunch to all students regardless of income. This means students are eligible to receive one (1) FREE breakfast and lunch per day this school year (2021 – 2022).
Some things to keep in mind:
- Students must take the required components to make a reimbursable meal in order for it to be free. The cashier or other school staff will help students take a full reimbursable meal.
- Students that purchase extras (such as a bottled drink) available in the serving line, a la carte (such as a singular milk or entrée), the student will be charged for these items. If your student intends to purchase items other than a meal, please make sure there are adequate funds on their account.
- Families that believe they would qualify for free and reduced meals normally, should still submit a free meal application as this can help with qualifying for other assistance programs for the family and student. All information submitted in these applications is private and confidential