RETURNING Student Registration for 2022-2023WHEN: Open until August 11, 2022
WHERE: Online - See 2 steps below. (Skyward & MealTime)WHO: Registration for all returning students (grades 1-12). Returning students are those students that attended Lake Station Community Schools during the 2021-2022 school year and were not expelled.
Need Help:Contact student tech support by email: firstname.lastname@example.orgContact the Office of the Superintendent by phone: (219)962-1159. Summer hours for the Office of the Superintendent are: 8:00am-3:00pm.View the Border Map if you are not sure which elementary school your child would attend.Fee Payments: You will not make a fee payment during Online Registration. Invoices will be sent home in October.
Emergency Contacts x2: It is very important when you provide emergency contacts, that you are providing the name of two adults other than the guardians. These are who we will contact in the event of an emergency, if we are unable to contact the guardians first.Emails: We send information home electronically often. Please ensure you provide a valid email for at least one guardian. If your email or phone number changes during the school year, please notify the school office or request the change through Skyward.Proof of Residency changes this year:
Remember: Proof of residency can still be submitted digitally through the Skyward Registration process, or you can bring it into the school before August 31. You can also bring it in when we open computer labs (see below) in August for onsite registration. School offices will re-open August 2, 2021.You will only need to provide proof of residency for your child if:
If you do not have a device to use for registration:
- The student has had an address change.
- The student is entering 6th grade or 9th grade.
A computer lab at Edison Jr. Sr. High School will be open on 8/10/2022 and 8/11/2022 from 1:00pm-6:00pm. Enter through Door A. A Spanish translator will be available both days. You can also use the public computers at the Lake Station Public Library, located at 2007 Central Avenue.Out-of-District Note: If you live out-of-district, please fill out the Out-of-District Enrollment Request first. Do not fill out any other steps, unless you have received approval by the district first.Classes for the 2022-2023 school year will be in person. If you need to discuss alternate settings, please contact your building principal.
TWO ONLINE REGISTRATION STEPS TOCOMPLETE FOR RETURNING STUDENTS:Technology Tip: Online registration is most easily completed on a Chromebook, desktop computer or tablet. The larger screen makes it easier to view all information and fill out the necessary forms. When you register, maximize your internet browser screen to ensure you can see all available buttons.
Register your Student with Skyward Family Access Forms:
Fill out forms in the Skyward Family Access Portal by clicking on "RETURNING Students Online Registration" in the Skyward left navigation menu. You will need your parent/guardian Skyward username and password to access this.
- Click here to log into Skyward Family Access.
- Forgot your login ID/password? Click the link on Skyward log in page to reset it. Or send us an email at: email@example.com.
Complete Free/Reduced Application with My MealTime:
This step will become available July 1 in MyMealTime. This form must be filled out every school year to qualify for free/reduced meals and textbook assistance as well as other possible assistance. Please ensure you fill it out PRIOR to the start of the school year.
- Click here to view a PDF MealTime Tutorial.
- Click here to log into MyMealTime.
- Click here to view a letter regarding this application process for the 2022-2023 school year.
- If you have any questions about the application, please contact the LSCS Food Service Department.
If you'd like to fill out a paper copy of the Free/Reduced application form instead, you can download it and return the completed form to the Food Service Department at Edison Jr. Sr. High School. Paper application: English | Spanish
Additional Helpful Information for Registering Families:
If you do not have access to a device:
- Book Rental and Instructional Fees: An invoice with final fees will be sent home in October.
- Optional health forms: these are available for children with other health conditions. These forms must be printed and turned into the Nurse.
- School Supply Lists: view your child's supply list - these are items that will be needed in Kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year.
- You can use the school computer lab at Edison Jr. Sr. High School on 8/10/2022 or 8/11/2022 from 1:00pm-6:00pm.
Enter through Door A at Edison Jr. Sr. High School, located at 3304 Parkside Avenue. A spanish translater will be available both days.
- You can also use the public computers at the Lake Station Public Library, located at 2007 Central Avenue.