The History of Alexander Hamilton Elementary School
Alexander Hamilton Elementary School was started with four rooms constructed in the fall of 1957. Two additions were added to the original building, the first in 1964 and the second in 1974.
In September, 1973, Columbus School (renamed Goldie L. King School) was destroyed by fire. The site was given to the city and an addition to Alexander Hamilton School was constructed to house the Columbus/King students as well as improving the present Hamilton School building.
The current building consists of 14 classrooms, open space, Library and Art/Music room